I just spent like half an hour responding to Send Sunshine‘s nomination for the Really Neat Blog Award, and I spent time linking six nominees, and coming up with questions and answers, and then, I managed, to click away, and I managed to do something that lost the entire draft, no pulling it back up this time…
So, here we go again.
1) Put the award logo on your blog.
2) Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3) Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4) Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5) Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
I’ll start with my nominees:
- A Photogenic World
- Highest Form of Whit
- Once More, With Foreboding
- Load Film in Subdued Light
- Only Bad Chi
My 7 Questions…
- If you could go anywhere in time, space, or reality, whom would you meet and why?
- If you could relive any moment of your life, what would it be? Would you change the outcome?
- If you had to eat the same food over and over again, what would it be?
- You have just been cast into the fiery pits of Hell. What music is playing in the background?
- Fly, sail, or rail? Which method of travel do you most enjoy?
- You step in the shower, naked, and discover a rather large, non- venomous spider looking at you from the shower wall. What do you do?
- What is the craziest/stupidest/most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
Questions Asked of Me:
- What is your favorite T.V or book series? I have too many “favorites.” TV: Orange is the New Black, Battlestar Galactica, Jericho. Yes, I know the first one is online, the other two have already ended, but still… Book: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Uglies, Abhorsen Trilogy, Hunger Games… I realize I am no longer an adolescent, but I still enjoy those books.
- Do you prefer…Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner? Yes. And Second Breakfast, Elevensies, and tea… Because I’m a hobbit, and that’s how we roll…
- Morning, Noon or Night? For what sort of activity? I love all three. But I hate waking up early in the morning.
- The Beach, The Mountains, or a Wide Open Field? While I love all three, I find the Ocean brings me the most peace and opportunity to reflect.
- When was the last time you paid it forward? I don’t typically think in terms of “Paying it Forward,” but I do like to do little things to help or bring joy to others whenever I can. I can’t really say when I most recently did so, though. I don’t keep track.
- What is your dream of all dreams? For myself: to be able to create honest, meaningful art in any medium I choose, weather it be literary, visual, musical, dramatic, or other. For my children: to be able to do that which they are most passionate about. For the world: that the environment flourish and grow, unharmed by the things which we have done and continue to do – that we human beings STOP causing harm to the planet and its species. For the Universe – that the music that creates all and is all continues to sound and be heard by all within.
- Do you have a favorite font or how do you feel about writing in all CAPS?
I like simple fonts for big blocks of text, because I like to be able to focus on the content and meaning of the words rather than be distracted by the shapes of the letters. That said, I love artistic accents, like Black-letter, and Block lettering that you find in Fairy Tales:
As for all CAPS – I think it’s fine as an accent. I know some people use it to indicate shouting, while others are just too lazy to be bothered with punctuation. Constantly writing in all CAPS makes things more difficult to read, and why place obstacles in communication? There is enough mis-communication in the world as it is.
Thank you again to Send Sunshine. Hope you all are having a wonderful Sunday Afternoon.